Welcome To My Place

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MIM...Made It Myself

One thing I have found is that us ladies love to have options when it comes to makeup, clothes, and accessories. We also want a way to store/organize our treasures. I wanted to share with you all a few of the things that I made to store mine. All of these items can be made for $40 or less ...depending on your taste. For example, you can either use a frame you have at home or purchased from a thrift store...which I should have done but I bought mine from Michael's for $50 because I was totally in love with the frame.


Earring Holder: ((Okay when I first made this I seriously thought that my idea was original until I looked online and saw that others have done the same. Shucks. lol))

I bought a picture frame from Michael's and the mesh material used in screen doors from Home Depot. I cut piece of mesh large enough to fit inside the frame and hot glued the edges and let it dry for a few hours and I fasted loose edge with thumb tacks. (you can use a staple gun if you have one) Thats it! 
(I use this for all of my earrings with a hook/bear-claw)



 Ring Holder: This is a dessert holder I bought from an antique store. All I did was repaint the rod in the middle to gold and started laying all of my rings on the plates.



Nail Polish Rack:  Purchased wood boards from Home Depot and had them cut them to my specifications. For you it may be different because of the amount of polish you have and the size of your bottles. For me, I wanted something that would allow room for growth. 

-The rack/backboard is 24.5 inches wide and 49 inches tall. 
-The side board is 24.5 inches tall and 3.5 inches wide. 
-The shelves are 24.5 inches long and 3.5 inches wide. 
-Each shelf is 4 inches apart. 
(The top row is 5 inches from the top because the design polishes are taller)

I used gorilla glue to fasten all of the shelves. I used both the glue and nails for the sideboards and let everything dry for a few hours and spray painted it white.



Makeup Board: I went to Michael's and purchased a picture frame and magnet board that would fit. I went to their "framing" section and had them frame the magnet board for me....I didn't have to do anything. I purchased some magnets and super glued them to the items that I used the most and that was it!


 Necklace Holder: I bought a drape rod from Home Depot (they come with the pieces you need to fasten the rod to the wall) and I bought S shaped shower curtain hooks from Sears. The neat thing about this is that the rod can extend which allows room for growth,  depending on the width of the wall that you hang it on. The S shaped shower curtain hooks can hold a lot of necklaces (depending on how thick they are). Everything stays neat an untangled.

Yall Be Blessed!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it

Sara said...

You have some great ideas here, and it is a cute post. Do you know that you made a Buzzfeed list? Congratulations! Check out # 34. http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliegerstein/life-changing-clothing-organization-tips Yay!